GEOFFREY O EVERS
- Shareholder and Founder
Geoffrey O. Evers is a shareholder and founding partner of Evers Law Group. He is a graduate of Western State University, College of Law in Southern California and he is well recognized in the Sacramento legal community as a zealous litigator.
Geoff began his legal career at the Orange County District Attorney’s Office where he prosecuted cases focusing on environment and related regulatory violations. Geoff relocated to Sacramento and gained employment with an international law firm in their litigation department wherein he litigated in practice areas including environmental law, labor law, catastrophic personal injury and complex business litigation.
Geoff now has the privilege of representing business owners, corporations and shareholders in a variety of areas of law including business litigation, professional malpractice and administrative and licensure hearings. He also routinely defends self-insured trucking and shipping companies in catastrophic personal injury claims.
Geoff’s competitive nature has been honed over the years. He does not like to lose and will work as hard as is required to attain positive results for his clients. He approaches litigation as a personal challenge and as a matter of personal pride.
Geoff has extensive trial experience. He has represented hundreds of clients in claims including partnership disputes and dissolutions, breach of contract claims, fraud and unfair business practice claims and professional negligence before state and federal courts. He also has ample experience in representing clients in administrative hearings brought against them by agencies and departments including the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Motor Vehicles, Department of Food and Agriculture, Department of Social Services, Department of Real Estate and Department of Health and Safety.
Geoff also acts as a Judge Pro Tem in the El Dorado County Superior Court. He is actively involved in his daughters’ lives and coaches the Mock Trial Team at St. Francis High School in Sacramento. He was also the acting president for three years on the Advisory Committee at St. Mel Catholic School in Fair Oaks and enjoyed coaching the girls’ basketball team for many years.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Legal Malpractice
- Administrative Hearings
- License Defense
- Personal Injury Defense
- Employment Law - Employers
- California, 1988
- California State Courts and Courts of Appeal
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California
- Service Employees Inter. Union, Local 250 v. Colcord, 160 Cal.App.4th 362, 2008
- McQuirk v. Donnelly, 189 F.3d 793, 1999, 9th Cir.
- Krotin v. Porsche Cars North America, Inc., 38 Cal.App.4th 294, 1995
- Shoemaker v. Meyers, 2 Cal.App.4th 1407, 1992
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The State Bar of California, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- El Dorado County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem
Pro Bono Activities
- St. Mel Catholic School Advisory Committee, Acting President
- St. Mel Catholic School Advisory Committee, Board Member