experience and agility meet to benefit you
GEOFFREY O. EVERS
- Business Litigation
- Legal Malpractice
Geoffrey Evers is the founding partner of Evers Law Group with more than 40 years of hands-on litigation experience. He is well recognized in the Sacramento legal community as a zealous litigator and enjoys defending and prosecuting claims on behalf of business owners of all sizes. He approaches litigation as a personal challenge and as a matter of personal pride.
Geoff began his legal career at the Orange County District Attorney's Office where he prosecuted cases focusing on environmental regulatory violations. He relocated to Sacramento and gained employment with an international law firm in their litigation department wherein he litigated in practice areas including environmental law, labor law, catastrophic personal injury and complex business litigation.
Geoff now has the privilege of representing business owners, corporations and shareholders in a variety of areas of law including business litigation, legal malpractice and employment matters related actions. He routinely represents businesses that have been the victims of partner or employee theft and embezzlement and works fervently to recoup their losses. Many of his clients seek his expertise in resolving business disputes and unwinding business agreements that no longer meet their objectives. He also represents businesses in litigation addressing compliance, licensing, trademark and real estate related issues.
Geoff has extensive trial experience. He has represented hundreds of clients in claims involving partnership disputes and dissolutions, breach of contract claims, fraud and unfair business practice claims before state and federal courts. Geoff is a graduate of Western State University, College of Law in Southern California. He also acts as a Judge Pro Tem in the El Dorado County Superior Court. Geoff is admitted to practice law before all courts of the State of California and the Southern, Central, Northern, and Eastern Districts of California, as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Geoff is active in his community. He coached the Mock Trial Team at St. Francis High School, acted as the President of the Advisory Committee at St. Mel Catholic School, and coached his daughters' basketball team for many years.
- Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Law Review: Western Law Review, Writer, 1988 – 1989
- California, 1988
- California State Courts and Courts of Appeal
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of California
- Service Employees Inter. Union, Local 250 v. Colcord, 160 Cal.App.4th 362, 2008
- McQuirk v. Donnelly, 189 F.3d 793, 1999, 9th Cir.
- Krotin v. Porsche Cars North America, Inc., 38 Cal.App.4th 294, 1995
- Shoemaker v. Meyers, 2 Cal.App.4th 1407, 1992
- St. Mel Catholic School Advisory Committee, former President
- St. Mel Catholic School Advisory Committee, former Board Member
- Mock Trial Coach at Saint Francis High School, 2017 to 2021
- The State Bar of California, Member
- American Bar Association, Member